The American College of Investment Counsel (ACIC), a national organization of lawyers focused on advising institutional investors, recently elected officers and selected a new class of trustees at the organization’s annual meeting on October 21 in New York City.
The mission of the ACIC is to bring together lawyers who devote a substantial amount of their time representing institutional investors in connection with their investment operations, to provide education with respect to legal issues and market practices affecting institutional investments and investors, to develop, where appropriate, guidelines and uniform documentation for transactions involving institutional investments and to build collegial relationships to allow for more efficient transactions and communications among its fellows.
The following officers were elected for the 2016-2017 period:
- President: Thomas F. O’Connor (Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP)
- Vice President: Carolyn Z. Alford (King & Spalding LLP)
- Secretary: Armando M. Gamboa (The Prudential Insurance Company of America)
- Treasurer: Ed Holmes (JRG Advisory Group LLC)
The following Trustees were elected as the Class of 2019 Trustees of the ACIC, each to serve a three year term:
- Maureen A. Cronin (New York Life Investment Management LLC)
- Luke A. Weedon (Baker Botts LLP)
- Matthew E. Gabrys (The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company)
Trustees from the Class of 2018 and Class of 2017 include:
- Tina Smith (Thrivent Financial for Lutherans)
- Charles J. Kolin (Greenberg Traurig LLP)
- My Chi To (Debevoise & Plimpton)
- Christopher S. Dallas (Pacific Life Insurance Company)
- Anthony D. Yager (Chapman and Cutler LLP)
- Ann C. King (Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada)
About American College of Investment Counsel
The American College of Investment Counsel was founded in 1981 by a group of 10 lawyers, from private practice and financial institutions, specializing in the area of major institutional investment financing. Its purpose is to provide a forum for the discussion of legal issues arising in this area and to provide educational programs on these issues for its members.