The American College of Investment Counsel (ACIC), a national organization of lawyers focused on advising institutional investors, recently elected officers and selected a new class of trustees at the organization’s annual meeting on October 19 in New York City.
The mission of the ACIC is to bring together lawyers who devote a substantial amount of their time representing institutional investors in connection with their investment operations, to provide education with respect to legal issues and market practices affecting institutional investments and investors, to develop, where appropriate, guidelines and uniform documentation for transactions involving institutional investments and to build collegial relationships to allow for more efficient transactions and communications among its fellows.
The following officers were elected for the 2017-2018 period:
- President: Carolyn Z. Alford (King & Spalding LLP)
- Vice President: Armando M. Gamboa (The Prudential Insurance Company of America)
- Second Vice President: Anthony D. Yager (Chapman and Cutler LLP)
- Secretary: Tina Smith (Thrivent Financial for Lutherans)
- Treasurer: Christopher S. Dallas (Pacific Life Insurance Company)
The following Trustees were elected as the Class of 2020 Trustees of the ACIC, each to serve a three year term:
- Lisa M. Conmy (Foley & Lardner LLP)
- Melody R. Cross (Schiff Hardin LLP)
- Kirk M. Orr (AIG Investments)
Trustees from the Class of 2019 and Class of 2018 include:
- Maureen A. Cronin (New York Life Investment Management LLC)
- Matthew E. Gabrys (The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company)
- Ann C. King (Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada)
- Charles J. Kolin (Greenberg Traurig LLP)
- My Chi To (Debevoise & Plimpton)
- Luke A. Weedon (Baker Botts LLP)
About American College of Investment Counsel
The American College of Investment Counsel was founded in 1981 by a group of 10 lawyers, from private practice and financial institutions, specializing in the area of major institutional investment financing. Its purpose is to provide a forum for the discussion of legal issues arising in this area and to provide educational programs on these issues for its members.