Private Credit Attorney
This position provides legal counsel to investment professionals with respect to the review, negotiation, closing and management of financing transactions, primarily private placements, on behalf of the general and third party accounts, and assist with administration and operation of securities held by clients, including any transfers.
- Provide legal counsel in Atlanta, Georgia for domestic and cross border private placement investments.
- Advise investment professionals on legal issues and risks of transaction terms, structure, amendments and consents.
- Review and negotiate documentation related to domestic and cross border private placement transactions, including note purchase agreements, indentures, confidentiality agreements, intercreditor agreements, project documents and collateral documents.
- Responsible for special projects that arise from client requests, including portfolio movements necessitating transfer of securities.
- Prepare materials and checklists to support investment recommendations.
- Oversee and work effectively with external counsel providing support on the foregoing matters.
- Assist with other investment regulatory and compliance matters and manage projects that may arise.
- Responsible for understanding and following firm policies and procedures while performing the role outlined above.
- D. degree from an ABA accredited law school and member in good standing of a state bar.
- At least two years of relevant transactional experience with a law firm or in-house at a financial institution.
- Transactional experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating documents for financing transactions, together with related amendments and consents.
- Willingness to work on special projects as needed, including the oversight of large operational transactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and research skills.
- Strong transactional management and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze a variety of legal issues and synthesize complex information.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision, take initiative, and work within set time constraints.
- Strong teammate willing to collaborate with other attorneys and work closely with investment professionals.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.