R221200553 Legal Analyst – Trading Agreement Negotiations
Chicago, IL, USA
Minneapolis, MN – 8000 Norman Center Dr
Dallas, TX – 2850 Lake Vista Drive
St. Louis, MO – 8300 Eager Road
New York, NY – 730 Third Avenue
Memphis, TN – 6000 Poplar Avenue (ES)
The Legal Analyst reviews trading agreements, creates data resources of key provisions, drafts and negotiates agreements in close relationship with lead attorney, facilitates communication with internal clients, and supports due diligence exchanges with agreement counterparties. This job may include additional responsibilities related to regulatory change affecting trading agreements, such as FINRA Rule 4210 and uncleared swap initial margin requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Negotiates a broad range of legal documentation on behalf of mutual funds, private funds, insurance companies, ERISA plans and other types of investors.
- Helps maintain flow of information among different groups within TIAA and Nuveen and externally.
- Reviews and negotiates trading agreements including ISDA Master Agreements, FCM agreements, Master Securities Forward Transaction Agreements, prime brokerage and listed option clearing agreements and related credit support documentation and custodial agreements.
- Maintains records of negotiation and engages in follow up as needed.
- Participates in industry group meetings on relevant topics as appropriate.
- Supports projects related to derivatives use, including initial margin for uncleared swaps, MSFTA implementation for FINRA Rule 4210.
- Builds relationships with internal clients, custodians and counterparties.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Career Level 7IC
- 3 years of trading agreement negotiations experience
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with IHS Markit Counterparty Manager and ISDA Amend highly preferred
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- Proofreading experience with a sharp eye for detail
- Complex calendaring and follow-up skills
- Highly organized with time management skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure with tight deadlines and high volume of work
Base Pay Range: $41.68/hr. – $69.46/hr.