Assistant General Counsel – New York Life Investments Fixed Income Attorney
The New York Life Office of the General Counsel seeks a Finance Attorney with three to seven years experience to support the Fixed Income Investors and Private Capital Investors groups of NYL Investors LLC. This is a great opportunity to join and grow with a fantastic and knowledgeable team. Responsibilities will include:
Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating documentation relating to finance transactions, including confidentiality agreements, commitment letters, note purchase agreements, security agreements and intercreditor agreements.
● Advising investment professionals on transaction terms and deal structuring issues, as well as identifying and assessing risks in transaction terms.
● Advising on secondary trades, amendments, consents and restructurings.
● Overseeing external counsel.
● Working with other attorneys supporting the Investments group, and other company attorneys, and accounting and tax professionals, on issues relating to investments.
● At least three years of experience in finance and lending transactions is required.
● Exceptional analytical, writing and speaking skills, as well as solid organizational and planning skills, are required.
● Willingness to learn new areas of the law is required.
● JD and admission to New York State Bar are required.
- Familiarity with asset-backed securities, equipment lease and other operating asset financings is preferred.
● Familiarity with collateralized loan obligations and structured finance investments is preferred.
- Familiarity with New York insurance laws regarding investments is preferred.
- Familiarity with private placement financing transactions is preferred.
● Familiarity with floating rate loan and high yield bond credit documentation is preferred.
● Familiarity with LSTA documentation is preferred.
● Experience with asset management is preferred.