Assistant General Counsel – Fixed Income Investors Team
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
The New York Life Office of the General Counsel seeks a Finance Attorney with three to seven years’ experience to join a group of attorneys supporting the Investments Legal team. This is a great opportunity to join and grow with a fantastic and knowledgeable team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating documentation relating to finance transactions, including indentures, offering memoranda, ABS servicing agreements and purchase agreements, confidentiality agreements, commitment letters, note purchase agreements, security agreements and intercreditor agreements.
- Advising investment professionals on transaction terms and deal structuring issues, as well as identifying and assessing risks in transaction terms.
- Advising on secondary trades, amendments, consents and restructurings.
- Overseeing external counsel.
- Working with other finance and investments attorneys, as well as accounting, tax, and operations professionals.
- At least three years of experience in finance and lending transactions.
- Experience documenting asset-backet securities / structured finance transactions.
- Familiar with basic federal securities law exemptions under 4(a)(2), 144A and Reg S.
- Exceptional analytical, writing and speaking skills, as well as solid organizational and planning skills.
- Willingness to learn and be trained on new areas of the law.
- JD and admission to New York State Bar.
- A problem-solving orientation and a willingness to work collaboratively with a team of finance lawyers and more broadly.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following is preferred but not required:
- Collateralized loan obligation transactions
- Private placement financing transactions
- Floating rate loan and high yield bond credit documentation
- US risk retention rules and exemptions
- LSTA documentation
- Equipment leases and other operating asset financings
- New York insurance laws regarding investments
- Third-party asset management
Please click the link to apply: https://jobs.newyorklife.com/job-invite/86993/