Kuvare Insurance Services LP
May be based in Rosemont, IL or New York, NY
Hiring Manager: Tom Pasuit, Chief Legal Officer
Kuvare Insurance Services LP (KIS) is a boutique investment management firm that specializes in building tailored solutions for insurance companies with the goal to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns in a capital efficient way. KIS currently oversees over $20 billion in assets for its affiliated and non-affiliated clients, with a focus on private credit to augment the core.
About the Role
The Senior Counsel will join an active and sophisticated Investments Law group that counsels and provides transactional support to KIS’s private credit business units. Specifically, the candidate will support our business partners in the origination and management of private corporate, commercial real estate and structured finance transactions, including reviewing and negotiating financing documents, assisting in deal structuring, and advising with respect to amendments, waivers and consents. In addition, the senior counsel may (a) assist with corporate governance activities, including taking meeting minutes, drafting resolutions and consents, and preparing committee charters; (b) support RIA compliance, including drafting policies and procedures, overseeing client on-boarding, and reviewing marketing materials, and (c) advise on special projects, including M&A activity. This is a dynamic, high-profile position for a self-starting lawyer willing to dive into a number of new and challenging projects.
Requisite Skills and Experience
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice before a state bar.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with a law firm or in-house at a financial institution, including specific experience in one or more of the following areas: corporate and infrastructure private placements; structured finance (including ABS, RMBS, and CMBS); commercial real estate loans, residential credit (including residential whole loans and single-family rental) and/or derivatives transactions. Familiarity with investment advisory and/or insurance company investment regulations is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage outside counsel.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with proven business acumen.
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to complete projects and other assignments efficiently, timely and with a minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability and desire to work in an environment that emphasizes information sharing, collaboration, teamwork, mutual respect and integrity.
In addition to the foregoing core skills and qualifications, the ideal candidate is someone who is flexible and excited about learning and applying new skills in a fast-paced environment.