Finance and Financial Restructuring Associate | New York, NY | #3222
Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP is seeking an Associate with 3-5 years of experience to work with its Financial Restructuring team within the Finance practice group in the New York office. We are looking to add a team member with experience advising institutional investors and/or lenders in debt finance and financial restructuring matters.
The Associate will join a supportive practice that provides advice to a broad range of clients including institutional investors, private placement noteholder groups, bank groups, and in amendment, consent, waiver and debt restructuring matters. This position also provides a significant opportunity for a varied practice in multiple jurisdictions, including work with on US, Australian, and cross-border matters.
We are seeking candidates who possess:
- Three to five years of relevant law firm experience.
- Skills and knowledge related to a broad range of debt finance and financial restructuring matters.
- Experience advising clients in amendment and consent requests, complex out-of-court restructurings and in-court proceedings, front-end investment structures, intercreditor agreements and workouts.
- Excellent writing, advocacy, and analytical skills.
- Strong academic records and impressive communication abilities.
- A detail-oriented approach, the ability to assume immediate responsibility for matters in an active practice, an approachable and collaborative outlook, and self-motivation.
Eversheds Sutherland hires attorneys who will contribute to our culture and reputation for excellence in every respect. Our dedication to unparalleled client service means that we are looking for talented candidates who will grow and thrive with our firm. We recruit individuals with impressive credentials and work experience, focusing on people who reflect some of the firm’s core values of being approachable, self-motivated, collaborative, professional, and creative! We provide our Associates with:
- Early and frequent client interaction.
- A voice in the firm’s growth and progress through committee involvement, leadership meetings, and associate leadership roles.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs. We appreciate the significant role a diverse community plays in our development, perspective, and service to clients.
- Interesting and forward-looking work.
- Extensive pro bono and sustainability initiatives.
- Significant practical training, informal training, and formal training opportunities.
- An approachable, supportive, and collaborative culture.
- Thorough benefits options and helpful wellness programs.
- Resources and support to build your career and practice.
The intellectual curiosity of our attorneys is consistently high, and we seek candidates whose personal qualities, skills, and interests will enhance and enrich the firm. We invite any qualified candidate, who would like to become a valued contributor to a talented team of attorneys, to send a resume, J.D. transcript, and writing sample to StephanieKaczynski@eversheds-sutherland.com. Please note that we are not accepting submissions from search firms for this position at this time.