Job Title: Investments & Business Transactions Counsel (Remote)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Job Summary and Description
Counsel – Investments & Business Transactions Law
Come join a group of dynamic and talented professionals in our Investments & Business Transactions Law team. We are looking for an attorney with 5 or more years of sophisticated corporate transactions experience including investment counseling. We are fortunate to have an engaged, fast-moving and hard-working team and are looking for someone with those same qualities.
You will collaborate with other attorneys and work directly with our business partners as a member of the team. Investments & Business Transactions is is responsible for a wide range of complex transactional work for our public company parent, numerous subsidiaries, and our investment advisers. The investment law team’s work includes advising the business partners on Allstate’s multi-billion-dollar portfolio that includes all types of public and private investments.
You will be working with attorneys who are invested in your professional development and appreciate that work-life balance begins with the idea that your career and your life should be mutually rewarding, not mutually exclusive.
Your role on the team:
- You must be interested in gaining a broad range of exposure to a variety of complex transactional work.
- You will provide legal advice and counsel to business partners on sophisticated matters including investment transactions such as private equity, bankruptcy, restructurings, and structured debt.
- You will conduct legal reviews, identify issues, draft, review, and negotiate agreements, manage projects, and prepare recommendations with respect to day-to-day matters.
- This position will be a liaison with business partners who manage investment transactions. You will be responsible for coordinating with various internal clients in connection with that work.
- You will also be responsible for overseeing the work of outside counsel and paraprofessionals.
- You will provide project management, coordination, and collaboration between legal teams within Law and Regulation and with business clients, as appropriate
Core Competencies: Skills/abilities/experiences in the following areas: legal knowledge, with a customer-centric focus, strategic thinker, sound and practical business judgment, analytical skills with interest in embracing technology and data, excellent written/verbal communication, works well in a collaborative team environment with demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, adaptable, strong relationship building skills, business knowledge, issue management, analytical skills, influencing others (inside and outside the company), comfortable working with both a legal and business mindset simultaneously and willingness to innovate and engage in creative problem-solving.
- License to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction
- 5 or more years of complex transactional experience including, private equity, bankruptcy, restructurings, structured debt or other investment transactional experience in a law firm, a Fortune 500 company or similar organization
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience advising business partners on investment transactions
- Solid legal and business knowledge with respect to investment transactions
- Lives into Allstate’s six core capabilities: Future Oriented, Change Ready, Customer Centric, Digital Mindset, Results Driven, People Focused
The minimum starting salary range for the position starts at $96,500 to a maximum of $174, 600 (commensurate with experience)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.