Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is looking for an experienced lawyer to provide legal support to the Private Placement Section of PGIM's Law Department. The successful candidate will work from the Chicago office and support the following offices/units of Prudential Capital Group ("PCG"): Alternative Investments Group (mezzanine and direct lending), Chicago Corporate Finance, International Corporate Finance (team based in Chicago) and Mexico City Corporate Finance. PCG manages and sources new investments for PCG's approximately $81 billion* portfolio of privately placed debt and equity investments. The Chicago office is one of PCG's seven domestic regional offices and it will be supported by a staff of two resident lawyers.
- Structuring, negotiating and supervising the documentation of corporate finance transactions, many of which are highly structured, highly leveraged or both.
- Strategic partner for Private Placement businesses in support of building and managing the complex portfolio.
- Build a professional and working relationship with the leadership team and key stakeholders.
- Manage Law Department administrative matters such as outside counsel fees.
- Track and monitor regulatory trends that will have a meaningful impact on the business and strategize with management on how to react to such trends.
- Occasional travel for attendance at meetings required (less than 10%).
- Minimum four years of experience in the corporate finance area, preferably with a major law firm or major financial institution.
- Ability to work effectively with demanding PCG clients, as well as corporate borrowers, outside counsel and other institutional investors, is critical.
- Substantial experience in drafting and negotiating corporate finance documentation.
- Familiarity or prior experience with the federal securities law.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and the ability to work well in an environment where coordination and teamwork with legal and business associates is a priority.
- Prior experience representing (as inside or outside counsel) insurance companies, banks or other institutional investors in corporate finance transactions will be a definite advantage.
- Workout and cross-border finance experience, in addition to corporate finance experience, are desirable but not essential.
- Outstanding transaction management skills.
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel, including senior management.
Senior Talent Acquisition Partner