About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. S/he provides legal counsel and subject matter expertise to the Lincoln Financial Group corporate investments and treasury teams responsible for managing general account assets and derivatives trading, as well as the primary investment adviser for fixed income investments. S/he will provide legal support, legal project management and guidance primarily regarding the corporate investments and derivatives trading activities.
- Provide legal support in the review, negotiation, and documentation of privately placed fixed income investments and private equity transactions, including related amendments, modifications and workouts.
- Review and negotiate documentation related to over-the-counter and cleared derivatives.
- Monitor and advise on investment-related developments under state insurance law and other investment regulatory and compliance matters.
- Directs outside counsel on various legal matters as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- J.D. from an American Bar Association (ABA) approved school and a Member of the Bar in good standing is required
- 5+ years of experience with a major law firm or corporate legal department advising on complex financial transactions, experience with derivatives documentation is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and effectively with legal and compliance team members and with business leaders at multiple levels of organization.
- Sophisticated understanding of investment concepts, knowledge of key industry trends and excellent business acumen.
- Ability to efficiently read and interpret legal documents such as policies, contracts, and prospectuses.
- Ability to efficiently read and interpret statutes, regulations and other legal authorities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from diverse audiences including investment adviser, affiliated and unaffiliated service providers, senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Ability to apply applicable law to and draw appropriate conclusions from established facts.
- Ability to gather facts from various sources and take initiative to get information that is not provided.
- Subscribes to and demonstrates actions consistent with trusted advisor/strategic partner/collaborative operating model.
- Ability to understand strategic vision of Chief Counsel and business leaders and to align actions and execute accordingly.
- Demonstrates a keen awareness of the regulatory environment and industry “best practices” and brings a proactive and flexible approach to the position.
- Ability to gauge the level of detail appropriate for different audiences.
To apply to this position, Please follow this link: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=58088&company=TalentPerfMgt&username=