About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 12,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2019.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This attorney will be a member of the Investment Legal Team located in Greensboro, North Carolina and will support Lincoln’s $100 billion general account investments. Specifically, this attorney will provide significant and proactive legal advice on matters relating to private debt and equity investments and other complex projects and initiatives for the Investment Team. S/he will work closely with Lincoln’s internal investment strategies team and external investment managers.
- Provide legal advice and support in the review, negotiation, and documentation of privately placed fixed income investments and private equity transactions, including related amendments, modifications and workouts.
- Be a trusted adviser and strategic partner to Lincoln’s Alternatives and Private Debt Strategy Group.
- Monitor and advise on investment-related developments under state insurance law and other investment regulatory and compliance matters.
- Directs outside counsel on various legal matters as appropriate.
- Advise on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process enhancements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- J.D. from an American Bar Association (ABA) approved school and a Member of the Bar in good standing is required
- 10+ years of experience with a major law firm or corporate legal department advising on complex financial transactions, including bankruptcy and restructuring; experience with derivatives and cross-border transactions are a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and effectively with legal and compliance team members and with business leaders at multiple levels of organization.
- Sophisticated understanding of investment concepts, knowledge of key industry trends and excellent business acumen.
- Ability to analyze a variety of legal issues, synthesize complex information and communicate to business professionals in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from diverse audiences including investment professionals, senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Ability to understand strategic vision of Lincoln’s business leaders and legal leadership and to align actions and execute accordingly.
- Demonstrates a keen awareness of the regulatory environment and industry “best practices” and brings a proactive and flexible approach to the position.
- Ability to gauge the level of detail appropriate for different audiences.
To apply to this position, Please follow this link: