Investments Chief Compliance Director
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Law & Regulations Investment Chief Compliance Director is responsible for the strategic execution of the Company’s risk-based investment compliance program conducted through two investment advisers: Allstate Investment Management Company (“AIMCO”) and Allstate Investments, LLC (“AILLC”). The employee in this role identifies new and existing investment compliance issues and designs, implements, and oversees programs to mitigate regulatory risks relating to Allstate’s investment activity, AIMCO, and AILLC.
- Designs, implements, and oversees a comprehensive, state-of-the-art investment compliance programs
- Develops and oversees all investment compliance policies, procedures, and governance processes
- Recruits, retains, develops, and manages a best-in-class team of investment compliance professionals
- Establishes and oversees an investment compliance training program for investment personnel
- Oversees and signs off on the preparation and submission of SEC filings and responses to SEC inquiries and examinations
- Participates in professional associations and engages with Investment Compliance functions in similar entities
- Ensures department works in tandem with other internal compliance functions, Investment Law, risk management, and internal audit
Education and Experience
10+ years’ experience in Investments and Compliance
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- J.D. degree is helpful
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Compliance
- Superior ability to function effectively as the highest-level Investment Compliance specialist in an institutional investors’ marketplace
- Outstanding ability to address rapidly changing and heightened oversight in the current investment regulatory environment
- Expert knowledge of leading industry compliance practices and implementation of compliance programs
- Exceptional ability to anticipate, monitor and manage compliance risks
- Extensive knowledge of compliance issues, including valuation, trade allocation, best execution, regulatory filings
- Deep knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act, Investment Company Act and FINRA requirements
- Strategic vision, executive presence and ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive matters
- Strong ability to manage complex projects successfully with a history of accountability
- Well-networked within Investments and/or compliance industry
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.