Voya Investment Management Seeks a Private Credit Attorney
Provide legal counsel to investment professionals with respect to the review, negotiation, closing and management of financing transactions, primarily private placements, on behalf of the general and third party accounts.
- Provide legal counsel in Atlanta, Georgia for domestic and cross border private placement investments, including infrastructure and project finance and structured investment vehicles.
- Advise investment professionals on legal issues and risks of transaction terms, structure, amendments and consents.
- Review and negotiate documentation related to domestic and cross border private placement transactions, including note purchase agreements, indentures, confidentiality agreements, inter-creditor agreements, project documents and collateral documents.
- Prepare materials and checklists to support investment recommendations.
- Oversee and work effectively with external counsel providing support on the foregoing matters.
- Assist with other investment regulatory and compliance matters and manage projects that may arise.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with firm policies and procedures while performing the role outlined above
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school and member in good standing of a state bar.
- At least four years of relevant experience with a major law firm or in-house at a financial institution.
- Transactional experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating documents for complex financing transactions, together with related amendments and restructuring documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and research skills.
- Strong transactional management and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze a variety of legal issues and synthesize complex information.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, take initiative, and work within set time constraints.
- Strong team player willing to collaborate with other attorneys and work closely with investment professionals.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Candidates should apply online and can direct any questions to Patti.Boss@voya.com
To apply online, please click on the link below or cut and paste this link into your browser to view or apply for the position:
Voya Financial, Inc. (NYSE: VOYA), helps Americans plan, invest and protect their savings — to get ready to retire better. Serving the financial needs of approximately 13.6 million individual and institutional customers in the United States, Voya is a Fortune 500 company that had $11 billion in revenue in 2016. The company had $541 billion in total assets under management and administration as of September 30, 2017. With a clear mission to make a secure financial future possible — one person, one family, one institution at a time — Voya’s vision is to be America’s Retirement Company®. Certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work® Institute, Voya is equally committed to conducting business in a way that is socially, environmentally, economically and ethically responsible. Voya has been recognized as one of the 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the 2018 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine and one of the Top Green Companies in the U.S., by Newsweek magazine. For more information, visit voya.com. Follow Voya Financial on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter @Voya.